Expressions Of Lemuria
a course of art and meditation for intuitive children
This course is designed to inspire one to look within themselves when designing and creating. Rather than teaching in a copy-cat-style format, youth will practice their intuition to explore their own artuitive skills. Various methods of mindfulness and different styles of dry (or semi dry) materials will be introduced to ignite each child’s inner flame. We will also play around with gemstones, oracle cards and nature.
This is a calm, meditative style class for youth who have the desire and ability to sit calmly for over an hour in an artistic focus. This class includes meditations of various durations and students should have an interest in the art of meditation.
This course is designed for youth ages 10 to 17. We may allow children as young as 8, whom prove to be mature, calm and interested in the study of the art of meditation. Are age limit is due to the artistic materials used in class, the focus required in a meditation, and the ability to be productive for long periods of time.
- Take-home creation
- All supplies while in class (no take-home supplies)
- Guided support from a seer
- Gemstone to take home
Location: in the Rainbow Room at the Hen House.
Duration: 2-4 hours (depending on age group)
- Max class size is 8 youth.
- No shoes inside. Please wear cozy socks or change into indoor slippers or be prepared to have bare feet when you come inside.
- We all sit on the floor in a circle. Each youth will have their own drawing table, a cushion to sit on and supplies for the class.
- We will be indoors with an occasional walk to the back yard garden if we need the fresh air.
- Some meditation sessions will be set in a semi dark to fully blacked-out room.
- Some classes will have music and/or guided meditation soundtracks playing during all or part of the class.
- A hearty snack
- You may bring your own small cushion to sit on if desired.
Please, do NOT bring:
Full Closure Notice:
This notice is a good faith effort to provide clarity and transparency regarding our Expressions of Lemuria Course. Please read through this Notice for full closure.
written CONTRACT required:
Expressions of Lemuria Class requires a contact to be signed by at least one guardian of the minor who is registered in the club. This contract is made available during the registration process and will include such topics as liability, consent, notice, payment, fees, commitment, rights, responsiblities.
physical & environmental preparation:
- Youth may be sitting for long periods of time while creating. Please stand and stretch as needed!
- Youth will get hungry! A snack break will be held mid way through class and youth need to bring their own snack and water each day. We will not bring food into the Rainbow Room. Fully sealable water bottles are allowed in the Rainbow Room.
- Meditation sessions may be in a semi-dark to a fully blacked-out room and youth should be comfortable in the complete dark.
- If you have a sensitivity or allergy to smells, please know that we do burn incense and/or scented candles on a daily basis inside.
- We have several animals on premise (chickens, dog, snake, rabbit). The animals are not a part of the class flow, but we may encounter them from time to time. Please let us know if you have an allergy and we will try to accommodate, but cannot guarantee a full removal of the animal or its dander.
All people who respect and hold One Haiku Values and do no harm are welcome here.
At this time, we are unable to accommodate for dropped-off youth who may require special needs care, unique care, or whom have behavioral oppositions in such a manner which requires special attention. These include, but not limited to: A.D.D, A.D.H.D, Autism, bi-polar, Blindness, Deaf, defiance or behavioral oppositions, Down Syndrome or debilitating depression. We are simply untrained to perform supervision and we hope to be able to provide on-site supervision in the future.
A special needs youth may be able to join a class with prior acknowledgment from the teacher/guide. Please contact us for further direction. If approved, we will require written contract that you provide a fully present, fully trained, on-site supervising adult to be with your youth and to be responsible for your youth at all times.
Etiquette & Responsibility:
This course takes place in a private home. Please be respectful.
All people who enter into the home are expected to be, and agree to be, respectful of plants, animals, earth, property and people; including their emotions and energies. Anyone causing harm (disrespect, damage, trespass, etc.) to another will be directed to leave.
Adults are responsible for their offspring and dependents at all times. If an adult has signed a waiver and dropped-off their youth, the adult must be available for immediate pick-up should their youth cause harm to another.
In the event where a dropped-off youth is incapable or unwilling to follow the rules of no-harm, they will be instructed to sit alone and wait for their adult to arrive to pick them up. Should the youth continue to harm another, they will be prohibited from joining us again.
parents and siblings:
Parents may choose to drop-off their youth with a signed waiver, or quietly sit in the Rainbow Room with us (very limited space), or relax in the living room.
- Non-registered siblings must be monitored by their parent/guardian at all times.
- Non-registered siblings are not allowed in the Rainbow Room during class. We hold very quiet meditative sessions and other children may become a distraction to the class.
- Non-registered siblings may join their parents in the living room area during class.